dont une très récente: c'est un calcul fait par machine, programmé bien sur par hommes sur flickr. L'image du centre vu déjà plus 10 000 fois!
1. La maison rose de la Butte Montmartre, 2. An interesting face, 3. galambok szeretkeznek, 4. Morning baguettes, 5. Real and reflected, 6. Place Mairie 18e Paris-69, 7. A cup of café, 8. My first crocus opens for a few minutes, 9. Stairs of Butte Montmartre, 10. La belle tzigane, Transylvania road, 11. Strange things can be seen in Luxembourg garden, 12. Butte Montmartre dans le brume-15, 13. Ensemble près de la Seine (33)
Created with fd's Flickr Toys.from my "most interesting images set" after flickr. 12 images plus THE most liked in the middle.
As you see, my tulips got up to the 13th position already!
Those are not the most favorited or commented, but whatever the flickr considers "most interesting", curiously they are not exactly the same.
Perhaps, here, I could speak a little about each of them, one by one.
1. La maison rose de la Butte Montmartre is a miracoulous photography for me: I do not understand really its interest, but already more then 10 000 people had seen it. It is the house painted 100 years ago by one of Utrillo's impressionist painting, in the neighbourhood I lived 23 years. I took some new pictures of the same house: no one looked at them. Perhaps, who knows, this is really better?
2. An interesting face The man is a crop of a whole image taken from farther. I met him near a car, which was not his, not far from the market I was heading. He agread that I take an image of him, and then "posed" but the image was taken a few seconds before, he did not have time yet to change his real expression.
3. galambok szeretkeznek,The kissing pigeons (title in hungarian) is also a crop, plus enhanched in digital darkroom, where I also softened the background. Taken at a place very near my heart: on the bridge on Petit Samos, in Cluj-Napoca, Transylvania, looking, after 40 years the first time toward the house and flat I lived as child. The pigeons were also on the bridge not far from me. Kissing and kissing. Too occupied to observe me taking, from afar, an image of them.
4. Morning baguettes were taken and posted for the group "A day in your life", I choose to take it in the bakery of my street's corner, because nothing interesting seemed to happen that day in my life. It became, and, as you see, remained an instant success. Nostalgie? They are good, alas, they last not long time: good only until they are crusty and fresh, for a few hours.
5. Real and reflected The reflected shops are on the bord of Canal Saint Martin in Paris, it was taken an afternoon, at the occasion of one of my first photostrolls with another photographer and blogger Giulia who did live that time in Paris.
6. 7. This is "just" a cup of coffee in my favorite restaurant meeting place Nord Sud, near the mairie 18e, and the other cup of coffee was an experiment, outside a coffee, near Gare Saint Lazar, to point exposure. Place Mairie 18e, A cup of café
8. My first crocus opens for a few minutes Why one image is succesfull on the flickr more then others? the people seing them, the groups I show, the image itself, the comentary I add to it? Those opened just for a few minutes, when the afternoon sun arriving in my garden fall on them, and closed then (I did post also the closed ones).
9. Stairs of Butte Montmartre I did sharpen this image of the stairs of Butte Montmartre, near Place Abesse: it was one of my firsts photographes taken, if I do remember well in fall 2004, at the occasion of my "documentary class" I was taking then.
10. La belle tzigane, in TransylvaniaThis beautifull gypsy woman, met on a road of a small village in Transyvania, was the occasion of lots of heated discussions. Strangely, those contributed to its success. I had taken many images of her, and a young photographer then with me had taken images of me while speaking and photographing her. We did understand each other well. Not only speaking in hungarian, but also smiling at each other.
11. Strange things can be seen in Luxembourg garden In Luxemburg park, near the Senate, the Senators looking out of the window probably could see her. It was a nice photostroll with a flickr photographer who arrived in Paris from Boston, if I remember. We first went to the market then strolled the Luxemburg gardens.
12. Butte Montmartre dans le brume-15 Early in the morning on the top of Butte Montartre: I went there to buy some gifts for Romania where I was heading the day after. There are many pictures of those stairs, not many in the fog. But here the fog works well for me. I like a lot this picture. It is also an example of what I learned in the !afterclass! group : any weather can be used to take an interesting picture.
13. Ensemble près de la Seine The last picture is an example of instant success. I do like this one and have let it stand for three days on top of my other pictures plus posted it in different groups. Taken only a few days ago, fast it did jump to this place between all my pictures, dispacing two women, one in a poster and another near it, wich I do like also.
Other then one, in hungarian, when I went and was near my child hood place, the other titles are in english (for most of you) or french (where I live). It would be interesting to discover why I let their title as they are, but I think titles are not so important, the image is.
Which one do YOU prefer?
Devrais-je traduire en français mes commentaires sous cette image?